A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
European credit system for vocational education and training (ECVET)
Parent term: Credit1 definition
A device in which qualifications are expressed in units of learning outcomes to which credit points are attached, and which is combined with a procedure for validating learning outcomes. The aim of this system is to promote:
– mobility of people undertaking training;
– accumulation, transfer and validation and recognition of learning outcomes (either formal, non-formal or informal) acquired in different countries;
– implementation of lifelong learning;
– transparency of qualifications;
– mutual trust and cooperation between vocational training and education providers in Europe.
Source: CEDEFOP 2008, Europe
[ X close ]
Any questions or feedback?
page date 2014-07-24
Back to top