The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) established in 1989, is a national autonomous apex body of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector committed for the production of technical and skilful human resources required to the nation.
It mainly involves in policy formulation, quality control, preparation of competency based curriculum, developing skill standards of various occupations and testing the skills of the people, conduct various research studies and training needs assessment etc.
CTEVT through its constituted technical schools and training centers, affiliated technical colleges and institutes, and annex schools offer proficiency/diploma level, technical school leaving certificate and short-term vocational and skill training. CTEVT has been running various vocational training programs of short duration ranging from 39 hours to 1500 hours. Total enrolment capacity under CTEVT schools (managed as well as affiliated) is 8403 for diploma level and 10332 for TSLC level. CTEVT has total 25 Constituted Schools/ Training Centres, more than 350 Affiliated Technical Institutes and 74 Annex Schools spreading all over the nation. Likewise CTEVT has total 5 polytechnics are in under construction. It has approximately 1000 Technical and Administrative staffs. Its headquarters is located at Sanothimi, Bhaktapur.
It has an assembly consisting of 24 members and a governing board known as 'Council' comprising nine members. Minister of Education chairs both the Assembly and the Council. The Council has a full time Vice-Chairperson and a Member-Secretary.
At CTEVT, skilled workforce preparation is our key responsibility.
Skilling Nepal for people`s prosperity
Goals and Objectives
In order to achieve and attain the mission and vision, CTEVT has set the following goals and objectives:
• Develop policies for managing TEVT sub-sector ensuring social inclusion, access, sustainability, integrity and relevancy of the TEVT programs.
• Coordinate and facilitate the TEVT sub sectors and stakeholders
• Maintain quality of TEVT programs and services.
• Prepare competent workforce for TEVT sub-sector.
• Promote entrepreneurship skills and basis of employment on the TEVT graduates.
• Broaden the access and equity in TEVT activities.
• Encourage participation of business and industry in TEVT activities.
• Coordinate to manage counseling and placement services.
CTEVT mainly has the following activities:
• Provide advice to the Government of Nepal regarding TEVT policy and programs.
• Determine scope and standards of TEVT programs.
• Arrange for and conduct TEVT Programs from basic level to higher education.
B. Inclusion and Access
• Make necessary arrangements for the operation of polytechnics, short-term vocational training, apprenticeship trainings and mobile training programs for underprivileged and backward communities.
• Grant recognition and provide accreditation services to programs and institutes run by government, non-government, and private sector.
• Conduct monitoring and supervision of TEVT programs and activities of government and non-government institutions.
• Establish and operate all kinds and level of skilled development training programs to produce skilled human resources through technical schools, mobile training and other methods of technical and vocational training programs as recommended by the council.
• Coordinate and maintain the standard of training by providing curriculum and learning materials.
• Carry out research activities in the field of TEVT including training needs assessments/ job market analysis and follow up studies.
• Conduct technical instructors and management training programs to improve quality of CEVT programs of institutions.
• Classify the skills/occupations, develop skill standards, administer skill tests and provide certificates.
• Liaison and maintain coordination with national and international TEVT agencies for quality education and training.
• Explore, obtain and mobilize national and international assistance needed for the development of TEVT sector
• Establish institutional linkage with national and international agencies/universities for recognition of the TEVT programs
• Enter into agreements or contract with national and international organizations and agencies regarding TEVT Programs.
15 July 2018The UNEVOC Network celebrates World Youth Skills Day
On the occasion of World Youth Skills Day (15 July), more than 30 UNEVOC Centres celebrated the importance of Skills for Youth, through conferences, workshop, skills exhibition and promotional campaigns. Discover our interactive map to learn more about those initiatives. (more
29 May 2018UNEVOC Centre in Iran awards success stories
The Instructor Training and Research Center (ITC) has collected more than 100 success stories from TVET institutions across the country. After a reviewing process, the 15 best stories were showcased in a one day event, and their authors received an award. Discover pictures of the event, as well as the form used to collect the practices. (more
29 May 2018Iranian UNEVOC Centre organises a forum on employability.
The Instructor Training and Research Centre (ITC, Iran) has organised the "JOB MEET", a forum in which young people could train their soft skills and discuss with business owners. The forum was also an opportunity to discover real opportunities of employment. (more
4 September 2017Preparing vocational teachers in India for the 21st Century
On July 5th 2017, The Pandit Sunderlal Sharma Central Institute of Vocational Education (PSSCIVE) celebrated its Fundation Day. On this occasion, a seminar was organised to: provide insights on the emerging trends and developments in Vocational teacher development; examine issues and challenges in upskilling vocational teachers in the 21st century; share good practices and approaches for upskilling vocational teachers in the 21st cenutry within VET system. The seminar was attended by an audience of academics, practitioners and students. (more
31 July 2017Iranian National Day for Technical and Vocational Training, 28 July
UNEVOC Centre in Iran, Instructor Training Centre and Technical and Vocational Researches (ITC), celebrated the Iranian National day for Technical and Vocational Training (TVT) on 28th, July, 2017. Public visits, skill tour, TVT exhibition and skill show were the events to be held in this day.
5 October 2016International TVET Conference in Pakistan
The National Vocational and Technical Training Commission in Pakistan has organized the first ever International TVET Conference in Pakistan. The conference was attended by a number of stakeholders from the region, as well as international leaders in the field of TVET (more
3 October 2016International TVET Conference-2016 (Pakistan)
NAVTTC has invited eminent speakers from around the world for this momentous occasion. This conference will create an opportunity to offer a platform to promote exchange of best practices, experiences and knowledge within international and regional context for developing a better TVET system in Pakistan. (more
31 August 2016UNEVOC Centre in Sri Lanka hosts Nepal Delegation
The Ministry of Skills Development and Vocational Training, Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission in Sri Lanka facilitated a study visit by a delegation from Nepal. The visit follows the development of a National Vocational Qualifications Framework in Nepal, which was co-developed by the Sri Lankan UNEVOC Centre. (more
29 June 2016SRTTU Tehran conducts training programmes
The SRTTU Tehran, a member of the UNEVOC Network since 2006, conducted two technical teacher training programmes that aimed at building the capacities of teachers who are already engaged in these vocational and technical fields, and equip them with the skills necessary to promote and enhance their teaching techniques. (more
17 February 2016UNEVOC Centre's Executive Director meets with President of Pakistan
On 10 February 2016, the Executive Director of the National Vocational and Technical Training Commission in Pakistan met with the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to discuss TVET in Pakistan and its importance with respect to poverty alleviation and the economic development. (more
12 February 2016UNEVOC Centre organizes national skills competition
The National Vocational and Technical Training Commission has organized a national skills competition in order to encourage and motivate youth in Pakistan to acquire skills and training in technical and vocational education and training. (more
22 December 2014Skills Forum at the Asian Development Bank
The Asian Development Bank held its Fourth Annual International Skills Development Forum in Manila. UNESCO-UNEVOC joined the event with UNEVOC Network members from the region. (more
12 December 2014New country reports in World TVET Database
New country reports have been published for Benin, Cambodia, Chad, Iraq, Latvia, Lithuania, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Qatar, South Africa, Uganda and USA. UNESCO-UNEVOC continues to expand the World TVET Database and more country reports will be available soon. (more
9 December 2014Five experts from India visit UNESCO-UNEVOC
UNESCO-UNEVOC welcomed five experts from India to its premises on 5 December 2014. The meeting was an opportunity for an exploratory discussion between UNESCO-UNEVOC and TREC-STEP, a consortium of three institutions from three Indian states. (more
24 November 2014Update on TVET situation in Afghanistan
Although a lot has been done in making TVET accessible, quality and standard of TVET being delivered in Afghanistan are very low and not aligned to economic growth, labor market and international and regional standards. (more
21 November 2014Don Bosco school principals from India visit UNESCO-UNEVOC
On 17 November 2014, four directors and training officers of Don Bosco vocational training institutes in the Mumbai region visited UNESCO-UNEVOC as part of a study visit to Germany to explore possibilities of international cooperation. (more
19 November 2014End of the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development
Green skills are a priority for aligning TVET with the post-2015 development agenda. UNESCO-UNEVOC and the Inter-Agency Working Group on Greening Skills and TVET ran a discussion on the Role of greening TVET on 11 November 2014 at the closing of the Decade on Education for Sustainable development in Nagoya, Japan. (more
22 September 2014Senior Bangladesh Delegation on a TVET Study Tour in Sri Lanka
In the context of the ILO TVET Reform Project of Bangladesh, the Bangladesh Directorate of Technical Education made a request for a study visit to the UNEVOC Centre TVEC in Sri Lanka in order to study the Sri Lanka Technical and Vocational Education and Training Sector. The visit was held on 17 and 18 July 2014 to benchmark some of the best practices of the Sri Lanka TVET system. (more
18 November 2013High Level Pakistan TVET Officials in Sri Lanka for a Study Visit
The Sri Lankan UNEVOC Centre TVEC has organized a study tour from 7th to 13th October 2013 on “NVQF and RPL Assessments practices in Industries” for a delegation of 21 officials from NAVTTC, TEVTAs, Stakeholders from industry associations and members of the trade testing boards and the boards of technical education of Pakistan. (more
11 January 2013Information on TVET in Afghanistan
An introduction of Technical and Vocational Education in Afghanistan: Current status (January 2013), recent developments, plans and vision. (more
9 July 2012First UNEVOC Network Member in Afghanistan
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan is now represented in the UNEVOC Network with the creation of the first UNEVOC Centre in the country, the Deputy Ministry of TVET in the Ministry of Education (DM-TVET, MoE). (more
1 December 2007
4th International Conference on Environmental Education a success (more