Introduction | Messages | Participants | Sign Up
Upcoming Virtual conference: Pathways between technical and vocational education and training and further education
- When 23 to 27 October 2017
- Where UNESCO-UNEVOC TVeT Forum
- Moderator Simon Field
- Language English (participation in French and Spanish is welcome)
- Download background note
How can I join?
Sign up for the virtual conference here
You can register for a UNEVOC account here.
The virtual conference will be in English. However, French and Spanish speaking participants can use the built-in translation feature and contribute in their languages.
What will the virtual conference address?
The topic, of 'pathways', that make it easier for graduates of TVET to enter different forms of postsecondary and higher education, has become very prominent. It is also the subject of a current UNESCO project, involving case studies and a policy paper, that will come out in 2018.
This virtual conference aims to share experience and knowledge of this issue, which should prove valuable in its own right, and as an input into the wider UNESCO exercise.
Among the questions that will be discussed are:
- What can be done, through measures such as qualifications frameworks, systems of credit recognition and careers guidance, to improve information flows between initial TVET and post-secondary education?
- What can be done to help those with TVET backgrounds to gain the additional skills, and sometimes qualifications to gain entry and succeed in post-secondary and higher education?
- What can be done through measures such as targeted funding support, and a flexible and diverse offer of postsecondary vocational programmes to strengthen pathways of further education for graduates of initial VET, as well as adults seeking upskilling?
Back to top