Virtual Conference 26 November to 7 December 2018
Introduction | Messages | Participants | Sign Up
Virtual conference on ‘Entrepreneurial Learning in TVET: exploring potential and taking action towards mainstreaming it in TVET'
Moderated by Elin McCallum
- When 26 November to 9 December 2018
- Where UNESCO-UNEVOC TVeT Forum
- Language English (participation in other languages is welcome)
- Download the background note
CC BYNC-SA 3.0 IGO © UNESCO-UNEVOC/Samuel Lamptey
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) is a pivotal channel for the development of entrepreneurial learning, where student-centred experiential learning can be a powerful setting for building entrepreneurial capacity.
In order to support the development of entrepreneurship in TVET, fostering youth employment and entrepreneurship is one of UNESCO-UNEVOC’s thematic priorities under the UNESCO TVET Strategy (2016-2021). Through its services, platforms and international network of TVET actors, UNESCO-UNEVOC aims to further the dialogue on entrepreneurship in TVET and provide resources and promising practices of how TVET systems can mainstream entrepreneurial learning.
This virtual conference will explore selected areas of the ecosystem influencing the development of entrepreneurial skills by TVET learners, including the key areas of policy, teacher training, curriculum, non-traditional learning modes and career pathways. These areas interact, while being underpinned by the importance of stakeholder engagement and partnerships to support this work. The conference offers the opportunity for TVET leaders and practitioners to engage with and debate the key issues, through to gather a range of perspectives and evidence on approaches and actions from around the world.
The intended outcomes of the conference are for participants to:
- Build insights into how entrepreneurial learning has relevance and importance to TVET
- Explore the role of different elements of the ecosystem in supporting entrepreneurial learning in TVET: policy, curriculum, teachers, learning activities beyond formal curriculum, and support for career paths/start up in mainstreaming entrepreneurial learning in TVET
- Discover practical ideas to empower TVET learners with entrepreneurial mindset and skills
- Contribute to forward thinking on how UNESCO-UNEVOC can develop their work to drive forward entrepreneurial learning in TVET systems
The virtual conference is founded on seven topics. These topics will be ‘opened’ for discussion on the following days:
- Monday, 26 November - Topic 1: Introducing entrepreneurial learning – the why and what for TVET
- Tuesday, 27 November - Topic 2: Policy or strategy supporting entrepreneurial learning in TVET
- Thursday 29 November - Topic 3: Entrepreneurial learning in TVET curriculum
- Monday, 3 December - Topic 4: Supporting teachers and trainers to embed entrepreneurial learning into TVET
- Wednesday, 5 December - Topic 5: Entrepreneurial learning beyond formal TVET curriculum
- Thursday, 6 December - Topic 6: Support for career paths/start up
- Friday, 7 December - Topic 7: Drawing conclusions for the ecosystem supporting entrepreneurial learning to be put into practice across TVET
Join the virtual conference
You will need to have a UNEVOC account to sign up. You can register for a UNEVOC account here.
The virtual conference will be in English. However, participants speaking participants can use the built-in translation feature to follow discussions and to contribute in their languages.
Back to top