Virtual Conference 29 October to 7 November 2018
Introduction | Messages | Participants | Sign Up
Virtual conference on Safeguarding intangible cultural heritage through TVET
- When 29 October to 7 November 2018
- Where UNESCO-UNEVOC TVeT Forum
- Language English (participation in French and Spanish is welcome)
- Background note English | Français
The Convention states that ‘safeguarding’ includes measures that ensure the viability of the intangible cultural heritage, encompassing transmission, particularly through formal and non-formal education.
Although the important role TVET can play to safeguard ICH has been widely acknowledged, many questions remain about how TVET stakeholders can get involved. This virtual conference will elaborate on what ICH means, and explore the links between ICH and TVET.
Student decorating a plate in Vocational School of Higher Education at a university in İznik (Bursa) © Ministry of Culture and Tourism, 2014
The intended outcomes of the conference are for participants to:
- Understand what intangible cultural heritage (ICH) is and the role of groups in designing and delivering TVET programmes on ICH
- Recognize the links between ICH and TVET and the role of different TVET stakeholders
- Identify the opportunities and challenges safeguarding ICH presents to TVET and ICH stakeholders
The virtual conference is founded on four topics. These topics will be ‘opened’ for discussion on the following days:
- Monday, 29 October - Topic 1: Understanding intangible cultural heritage
- Tuesday, 30 October - Topic 2: Exploring the links between ICH and TVET
- Thursday, 1 November - Topic 3: Opportunities and challenges of safeguarding ICH though TVET
- Monday, 5 November - Topic 4: Safeguarding ICH in TVET: Making it work
Join the virtual conference
You will need to have a UNEVOC account to sign up. You can register for a UNEVOC account here.
The virtual conference will be in English. However, French and Spanish speaking participants can use the built-in translation feature to follow discussions and to contribute in their languages.
Organized in collaboration with:
Back to top