Contributing Promising Practices
We are constantly updating our Promising Practices database with submissions from around the world. If you would like to share a Promising Practice with us, please fill out the submission form below and email it to unevoc-pp(at)unesco.org.
view read more
Promising Practices submission form
This is an initial contact form in the process of submitting promising practices. It will be used for reviewing purposes(see conceptual framework) and as a basis for further exchanges between UNESCO-UNEVOC and the contact person.
Selection of Promising Practices
Each Promising Practice addresses one of the following themes:
- Developing quality TVET systems for youth employment and decent work
- Improving the image of TVET
- Promoting entrepreneurial learning in TVET
- Enhancing women’s and girls’ access to TVET programmes and providing equal opportunities in the world of work
- Ensuring equal access to the TVET system for all, including disadvantaged and vulnerable groups
- Supporting teacher and trainer initial and continuous development
- Promoting education for sustainable development
- Improving skills education through use of technology and preparing learners for a digital world
To help identify and select potential Promising Practices in TVET, UNESCO-UNEVOC developed a set of assessment indicators. The main prerequisite for a Promising Practice is that the innovative and effective strategies applied provide valuable insight for TVET practitioners and stakeholders.
In addition, the following qualities are considered when determining eligibility as a Promising Practice:
- Impact – positive outcome in the TVET sector at a local, national, or regional level
- Knowledge base - the aims, processes, and impact are well documented and valid information is readily available
- Stakeholder engagement - active cooperation between various partners in combination with ownership of the initiative by local stakeholders
- Sustainability - effective management to ensure continuity and success in subsequent years
- Relevance to Sustainable Development Goals - focus on SDG4: Education (Target 4.3, 4.4, or 4.5), SDG5 on Gender Equality, or SDG8 on Decent Work.