Thematic Areas: Youth Employment | Greening TVET | Access, Equity & Quality | TVET in a Digital World | Further Themes
Our Key Programmes & Projects: i-hubs: Skills for Innovation Hubs | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: TVET Global Forums
UNEVOC Centre (National Body) since 1994
The National Institute for Education, Education Counselling Centre and Centre for Continuing Education of Teachers (NÚV) is run directly by the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports, and prepares strategies for further development of general, vocational, art and linguistic education, continuing teachers education and the area of pedagogical-psychological, educational and career counselling together with the Ministry.
The mission of the National Institute for Education, Education Counselling Centre and Centre for Continuing Education of Teachers (NÚV) is to enhance in various ways the continuing development of a general, vocational, art and linguistic education, and to support schools in the area of their pedagogical-psychological, educational and career counselling, as well as in the methodology used in the continuing education of teachers. All these services emphasize a general focus on lifelong education while maintaining close cooperation with the EU.
All NÚV activities aim at providing support for the development of general, vocational, art and linguistic education, continuing teachers education and the area of pedagogical-psychological, educational and career counselling in the Czech Republic.
• NÚV is responsible for the development of national curricula and helps schools with creating their own educational programmes and their implementation.
• NÚV not only focuses on initial education at schools, but also on adult education courses.
• NÚV emphasizes innovative methods of teaching, an individual approach to each student and a general modernization of schools.
• NÚV works in the area of certifying qualifications and the issues concerning their acceptance not only in the Czech Republic, but also in the European Union.
• The communication among the creators of the educational programs, social partners, school deputies and other important institutions is supported by the project called Field Groups, functioning under the auspices of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
• NÚV focuses on the situation of those students who are in some manner disadvantaged. It strives to facilitate equal access to education and to support the necessary means for guidance and counselling.
• NÚV monitors the transition of graduates from schools to the labour market, the rate of their unemployment, whether they work within their fields of study, what motivates them towards enhancing their qualifications, and how successful they are in tertiary education. The institute also monitors the employers' expectations regarding the graduates' abilities and proposes changes in the education that could help graduates to be more successful on the labour market.
• NÚV offers both general and comprehensive information about schools and offered fields of education to both experts and the general public as well.
• NÚV monitors the quality of the offered education and of the graduates, for instance by implementing a new final examination for students of secondary vocational school. It also strives to raise the students' level of literacy.
• NÚV focuses on pedagogical-psychological, educational and career guidance and counselling, as well as on initial prevention of risk behaviour while constantly working to raise the quality of these services. It monitors qualifications and competencies of workers providing education and school counselling services and, based on these findings, fosters the development of programmes.
• Our organization implements a wide range of projects supported by the European Social Fund. Thanks to the help of the European Union, it has become possible to modernize the Czech educational system easier than before.
|Sharing knowledge about TVET||Primary focus|
|Developing knowledge||Primary focus|
|Developing and building capacities||Secondary focus|
|Policy makers||Primary focus|
|Private sector||Secondary focus|
|Greening of TVET institutions and skills||Interested to contribute|
|Migration||Interested to learn|
|OER and Online Learning||Interested to contribute|
|Equity of access in TVET||Interested to learn|
|Gender equality in TVET||Interested to learn|
|Fostering entrepreneurship||Interested to contribute|
|Industry 4.0 / Smart production||Interested to contribute|
|Capacity development projects||Moderately interested|
|Policy oriented projects||Moderately interested|
|Knowledge development||Moderately interested|
|Workshops and conferences||Moderately interested|
|Within my cluster||Moderately interested|
|With Africa||Not interested|
|With the Arab States||Not interested|
|With Asia and the Pacific||Not interested|
|With Europe, CIS and North America||Moderately interested|
|With Latin America and the Caribbean||Not interested|
no news available