Thematic Areas: Inclusion and Youth | SDGs and Greening TVET | Innovation and Future of TVET | Private Sector Engagement
Our Key Programmes & Projects: COVID-19 response | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: i-hubs project | TVET Global Forums
Our Services & Resources: Publications | TVET Forum | Virtual Conferences | TVET Country Profiles | TVETipedia Glossary | Promising & Innovative Practices
Events: Major TVET Events | UNEVOC Network News
UNEVOC Centre (National Body) since 2013
INEFOP is the National Institute for Employment and Professional Training, created by Law No. 18,406 of October 24, 2008 as a non-state public person.
In addition to training, INEFOP offers: job orientation, technical assistance for companies and entrepreneurs, and certification of skills, among others.
To be the benchmark institution for workers, employers and the Executive in the implementation of public policies for Employment and Vocational Training of the private sector, actively promoting the National System of Qualifications and acting through an extensive network of institutional linkages.
The objective of the National Employment Institute is to act in the field of employment and vocational training in the private sector. It must apply a systematic view of the phenomenon of employment and work, especially emphasizing the interests of employers and workers, as well as sections of the population more vulnerable to unemployment.
- Advising the Executive on employment policies, training and vocational training, aimed at the generation, maintenance and improvement of employment, in order to promote decent work that is full, productive and freely chosen
Creating Departmental Tripartite Committees of Employment and Vocational Training.
- Creating Sectoral Committees of Employment and Vocational Training.
- Designing and managing training programs. Promote the creation and participate in designing a knowledge certification system and accreditation of job skills.
- Promoting training and standardization of skills in the context of collective negotiation.
- Cooperating and provide credit support and technical monitoring of productive enterprises initiatives generating decent employment.
- Investigate the situation of the labor market, to disseminate the results and contribute to effective career counseling.
This UNEVOC Centre has not yet submitted respective information