Thematic Areas: Inclusion and Youth | Digital Transformation | Private Sector Engagement | SDGs and Greening TVET
Our Key Programmes & Projects: BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | Building TVET resilience | TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: COVID-19 response | i-hubs project | TVET Global Forums | Virtual Conferences | YEM Knowledge Portal
Our Services & Resources: Publications | TVET Forum | TVET Country Profiles | TVETipedia Glossary | Innovative and Promising Practices | Toolkits for TVET Providers | Entrepreneurial Learning Guide
Events: Major TVET Events | UNEVOC Network News
Cometa is a Centre of Inclusive Excellence, a Laboratory of Innovation and Empathic Pedagogy. Its TVET provision (ISCED 3-5 levels) is characterized by an innovative learning approach for more than 600 young people (14-22 y.o.), including dropouts, NEETs and migrants.
Aiming at youth employability and entrepreneurship, Cometa Formazione developed the “School-Enterprise” approach, involving students in producing real products for the market in workshops open to the public (reality-based learning). The school-job integration boosts both the quality of numeracy and literacy kids learn, and the professional skills they need to acquire. Learning enterprises, in hospitality, wood and textile sectors, have been set up to facilitate a concrete training and to boost students’ professional and soft skills.
Social & Emotional Learning activities complete the training, thanks to personalized projects for the human development of the students.
Practice-based research and action-research are promoted for the quality-enhancement of the educational service and for the professional development and well-being of staff: the same teachers and educators are researchers of our internal Department Cometa Research, in collaboration with a network of Universities and research centres worldwide.
Its mission and aims are as follows:
- Welcoming children and young people to promote their development and their harmonious growth;
- Promote a full expression of each person's abilities and talents;
- Prevent growth difficulties and fight early school leaving by offering a stimulating and creative context, where everyone feels valued, gains self-confidence and learns a trade;
- Encourage the training of young people through the acquisition of specialized skills with workshops and internships that initiate them to work;
- Involving the world of work as an educational partner in training, to offer young people the possibility of long real experiences in the company;
- A beautiful and orderly place to welcome man and his uniqueness;
- Share and disseminate the Cometa model of education and training.