Thematic Areas: Youth Employment | Greening TVET | Access, Equity & Quality | TVET in a Digital World | Further Themes
Our Key Programmes & Projects: i-hubs: Forming hubs for TVET Innovation | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: TVET Global Forums
UNEVOC Centre (Ministry) since 2017
Directorate of Vocational Education and Training is a unit of the Ministry of Labour - Invalid and Social Affairs, executing the consulting role to assist the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs to exercise the State management role in vocational education and training (VET) area (excludes pedagogy), execution of state management in vocational training area as specified by laws.
There are 14 functional departments/units under the DVET/MOLISA:
1. Department of Formal Vocational Education and Training
2. Department of Regular Vocational Education and Training
3. Department of Teachers
4. Department of Physical Assets and Training Equipment
5. Department of Student Affairs
6. Department of Occupational Skills
7. Department of Personnel
8. Department of Planning and Finance
9. Department of Inspection and Legal Affairs
10. The Directorate Office
11. Vietnam Vocational Training Accreditation Agency
12. National Institute of Vocational Education and Training Science
13. ODA Management Unit
14. Project Management Unit of Target Program
Directorate of Vocational Education and Training exercises the following duties and authorities:
1. Submitting to the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs and the latter shall submit to the Government and the Prime Minister for consideration and approval:
a) Programs of laws and ordinances, drafts of resolutions of the National Assembly and that of the Standing Committee of the National Assembly; drafts of resolutions and drafts of decrees of the Government on VET; drafts of decisions of the Prime Minister on VET; drafts of degrees, decisions of the Minister of MOLISA on VET.
b) Strategies, planning programs, long-term, five-year and annual plans of vocational education and training; national target program, projects and plans for VET development.
2. Assisting the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs in making directives, guidelines and implementation legal documents, policies, strategies, plans, national target programs, projects and target programs on VET.
3. Issuing - in line with Directorate’s scope of power and authority - documents which provide professional guidelines on VET, incidental internal documents as specified by related legal requirements.
4. Managing qualification levels on VET in frame of National Qualification Framework; referencing the vocational education and training qualification levels with ASEAN Qualifications Reference Framework – AQRF and with other national qualification frameworks.
5. Implementing other tasks related to: formal vocational training; regular vocational training; lecturers, teachers and managerial staff of vocational training area; students affairs; physical assets, training equipment and facilities; evaluation of VET quality; assessment and certification of national vocational skills certificates; providing guidelines for and implementing the research works, application of science and technology in VET area; Conducting international cooperation in VET field in line with laws and as authorized by the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs; Guidelines for skills competitions at all levels, organisation the National Skills Competition, participating in ASEAN and World Skills competitions; Carrying out communication, propaganda and education activities on laws and regulations of VET in the areas of responsibilities; Conducting activities of statistics, information and building a data base of VET; recognition of rector, and approval of the regulations of private and foreign-invested colleges; Providing guidelines for and monitoring the implementation of VET activities of foreign invested training institutions operating in Vietnam; the implementation of activities of joint ventures and joint operation between local and foreign partners in VET area; Conducting the evaluation of foundation of colleges; inspection and audit, settlement of complaints and denunciations; managing the organization, personnel, implementation of salary schemes, appointment, re-appointment, dismissal, retirement, resignation, reward, punishment, training applied to personnel within the responsible scope of the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training, in line with laws and as authorized by the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs; Executing the administrative reform in VET area in line with the administrative reform plan of the Ministry of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs; Managing approved finance sources and assets and approved budget in line with laws.
6. Performing any other tasks assigned by the Minister of Labour - Invalids and Social Affairs and in line with laws.
|Sharing knowledge about TVET||Primary focus|
|Developing knowledge||Primary focus|
|Developing and building capacities||Primary focus|
|Policy makers||Primary focus|
|Private sector||Primary focus|
|Greening of TVET institutions and skills||Interested to contribute|
|Migration||Interested to contribute|
|OER and Online Learning||Interested to learn|
|Equity of access in TVET||Interested to contribute|
|Gender equality in TVET||Interested to contribute|
|Fostering entrepreneurship||Interested to contribute|
|Industry 4.0 / Smart production||Interested to contribute|
|Capacity development projects||Moderately interested|
|Policy oriented projects||Highly interested|
|Knowledge development||Highly interested|
|Workshops and conferences||Moderately interested|
|Within my cluster||Highly interested|
|With Africa||Moderately interested|
|With the Arab States||Moderately interested|
|With Asia and the Pacific||Highly interested|
|With Europe, CIS and North America||Highly interested|
|With Latin America and the Caribbean||Moderately interested|
no news available