Thematic Areas: Inclusion and Youth | SDGs and Greening TVET | Innovation and Future of TVET | Private Sector Engagement
Our Key Programmes & Projects: COVID-19 response | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: i-hubs project | TVET Global Forums
Our Services & Resources: Publications | TVET Forum | Virtual Conferences | TVET Country Profiles | TVETipedia Glossary | Promising & Innovative Practices
Events: Major TVET Events | UNEVOC Network News
UNEVOC Centre (National Body) since 2000
NCHRD is a government institution that operates under the auspices of the Higher Council for Science and Technology chaired by his highness prince El Hassan Bin talal and is conceived as an external semi-independent.
Responsible for monitoring and evaluating any educational system at the various levels and forms. It contributes to the development of Jordanian human resources through improving the effectiveness of the educational and training systems in order to allow them to keep up with socioeconomic requirements.
The center aims, as stated in article three of its by-law, at the development of national capacities in the field of human resources development. The following are the major goals and functions of NCHRD, as stated in its by-law:
- To conduct and support studies and research related to the various levels and forms of the educational system including higher, vocational and technical education in coordination with the parties concerned.
- To conduct and support studies, and to launch projects, linking the outputs of education and training systems with the labor and employment sector , by establishing a human resources development information system.
- To evaluate the plans and projects geared towards the elements, components and outputs of the reform plans.
- To support the plans and projects geared towards the education reform plans in the various levels and diversified types of education, including systems, programs, human resources and education and training facilities.
- To offer consultancy services to organizations at home and abroad in areas that are relevant to human resources development.
- To coordinate with local, regional and international organizations and institutions, to provide assistance deemed necessary to support the reform plans at the various levels and types of the education system.
In this regard, the Center coordinates with a great number of local , regional and international organizations. These include relevant higher education establishments, ministries and organizations in the private and public sectors.
|Sharing knowledge about TVET||Primary focus|
|Developing knowledge||Primary focus|
|Developing and building capacities||Secondary focus|
|Policy makers||Primary focus|
|Private sector||Primary focus|
|Greening of TVET institutions and skills||Not interested|
|Migration||Interested to contribute|
|OER and Online Learning||Interested to learn|
|Equity of access in TVET||Interested to lead|
|Gender equality in TVET||Interested to lead|
|Fostering entrepreneurship||Interested to contribute|
|Industry 4.0 / Smart production||Interested to contribute|
|Capacity development projects||Highly interested|
|Policy oriented projects||Highly interested|
|Knowledge development||Highly interested|
|Workshops and conferences||Highly interested|
|Within my cluster||Highly interested|
|With Africa||Moderately interested|
|With the Arab States||Highly interested|
|With Asia and the Pacific||Moderately interested|
|With Europe, CIS and North America||Highly interested|
|With Latin America and the Caribbean||Moderately interested|