Thematic Areas: Youth Employment | Greening TVET | Access, Equity & Quality | TVET in a Digital World | Further Themes
Our Key Programmes & Projects: i-hubs: Skills for Innovation Hubs | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: TVET Global Forums
UNEVOC Centre (National Body) since 1995
Employment Training and Education Services (ETES) focuses in providing oversight of Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Belize. It is the quality assurance arm of the Ministry of Education responsible for all matters pertaining to TVET, particulary relating to assuring quality instruction at the Institutes for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (ITVETs).
ETES is the technical arm of the Ministry of Education that provides leadership and guidance in the management and operation of Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Belize. Consistent with its mission and goals, it monitors and supervises Technical and Vocational Education and Training providers ensuring that programs offered are of the highest quality. In recognition of the pivotal role that Technical and Vocational Education plays in the development of any nation, ETES has been given the mandate to continuously upgrade and revitalize technical and vocational education and training, with the aim of continuously meeting current and future national development challenges. In this regards, ETES is responsible for ensuring that youth and adults are provided with quality occupational employment training and education services that will empower them to become gainfully or self-employed and thus actively contribute towards the development of the nation.
ETES is presently comprised of the Units of Program Research and Development, Professional Staff Development, Quality Program Coordination, Testing and Certification, and Apprenticeship.
Employment Training and Education Services (ETES) will lead the charge to enhance national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and Adult and Continuing Education (ACE) systems to provide equal access, empowerment opportunities, and a better quality of life for all, by being responsive to the changing needs of a dynamic workforce, through the development of partnerships, innovation, and technology.
At ETES we value the dignity of work through the provision of quality services, empowerment, and equal access for our youth and adults
ETES will ensure that all Belizeans, specifically youth and adults, are given equal opportunity to access quality and current occupational employment training and education services for full and active participation in the national and regional economies and for their own personal growth.
1. Coordinate a national system for improved and effective delivery of employment training at all levels of the education system.
2. Coordinate a national system for improved and effective delivery of adult and continuing education services.
3. In coordination with other service areas in the Ministry of Education and other key stakeholders, engage in research and policy development of programs to improve quality coverage and delivery of technical and vocational education and training; and Adult and Continuing Education.
4. Create and maintain linkages with public and private partnership in Business/Industry and their economic development activities and the education and training service.
5. Ensure human, fiscal and logistical resources for the effective and efficient operation of employment training and education systems
6. Increase access to occupational learning opportunities to all through active participation in the social, economic and political development of Belize.
7. Increase the spectrum of trained, certified personnel within Belize’s labor force through the on-going development of relevant standard based occupational programs
8. Develop and implement a comprehensive training of trainers program for instructors, administrators, and supervisors
9. Perform Secretariat duties for Belize National Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (NCTVET)
|Sharing knowledge about TVET||Secondary focus|
|Developing knowledge||Secondary focus|
|Developing and building capacities||Primary focus|
|Policy makers||Secondary focus|
|Private sector||Secondary focus|
|Greening of TVET institutions and skills||Interested to learn|
|Migration||Interested to learn|
|OER and Online Learning||Interested to learn|
|Equity of access in TVET||Interested to learn|
|Gender equality in TVET||Interested to learn|
|Fostering entrepreneurship||Interested to learn|
|Industry 4.0 / Smart production||Interested to learn|
|Capacity development projects||Highly interested|
|Policy oriented projects||Highly interested|
|Knowledge development||Highly interested|
|Workshops and conferences||Highly interested|
|Within my cluster||Highly interested|
|With Africa||Moderately interested|
|With the Arab States||Moderately interested|
|With Asia and the Pacific||Moderately interested|
|With Europe, CIS and North America||Highly interested|
|With Latin America and the Caribbean||Highly interested|
no news available