Thematic Areas: Youth Employment | Greening TVET | Access, Equity & Quality | TVET in a Digital World | Other Themes
Our Key Programmes & Projects: i-hubs: Skills for Innovation Hubs | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: TVET Global Forums
Our Services & Resources: Publications | TVeT Forum | Virtual Conferences | TVET Country Profiles | TVETipedia Glossary | Promising & Innovative Practices
Events: Major TVET Events | UNEVOC Network News
UNEVOC Centre (National Body) since 1995
The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) established in 1989, is a national autonomous apex body of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector committed for the production of technical and skilful human resources required to the nation.
It mainly involves in policy formulation, quality control, preparation of competency based curriculum, developing skill standards of various occupations and testing the skills of the people, conduct various research studies and training needs assessment etc.
CTEVT through its constituted technical schools and training centers, affiliated technical colleges and institutes, and annex schools offer proficiency/diploma level, technical school leaving certificate and short-term vocational and skill training. CTEVT has been running various vocational training programs of short duration ranging from 39 hours to 1500 hours. Total enrolment capacity under CTEVT schools (managed as well as affiliated) is 8403 for diploma level and 10332 for TSLC level. CTEVT has total 25 Constituted Schools/ Training Centres, more than 350 Affiliated Technical Institutes and 74 Annex Schools spreading all over the nation. Likewise CTEVT has total 5 polytechnics are in under construction. It has approximately 1000 Technical and Administrative staffs. Its headquarters is located at Sanothimi, Bhaktapur.
It has an assembly consisting of 24 members and a governing board known as 'Council' comprising nine members. Minister of Education chairs both the Assembly and the Council. The Council has a full time Vice-Chairperson and a Member-Secretary.
At CTEVT, skilled workforce preparation is our key responsibility.
Skilling Nepal for people`s prosperity
Goals and Objectives
In order to achieve and attain the mission and vision, CTEVT has set the following goals and objectives:
• Develop policies for managing TEVT sub-sector ensuring social inclusion, access, sustainability, integrity and relevancy of the TEVT programs.
• Coordinate and facilitate the TEVT sub sectors and stakeholders
• Maintain quality of TEVT programs and services.
• Prepare competent workforce for TEVT sub-sector.
• Promote entrepreneurship skills and basis of employment on the TEVT graduates.
• Broaden the access and equity in TEVT activities.
• Encourage participation of business and industry in TEVT activities.
• Coordinate to manage counseling and placement services.
CTEVT mainly has the following activities:
• Provide advice to the Government of Nepal regarding TEVT policy and programs.
• Determine scope and standards of TEVT programs.
• Arrange for and conduct TEVT Programs from basic level to higher education.
B. Inclusion and Access
• Make necessary arrangements for the operation of polytechnics, short-term vocational training, apprenticeship trainings and mobile training programs for underprivileged and backward communities.
• Grant recognition and provide accreditation services to programs and institutes run by government, non-government, and private sector.
• Conduct monitoring and supervision of TEVT programs and activities of government and non-government institutions.
• Establish and operate all kinds and level of skilled development training programs to produce skilled human resources through technical schools, mobile training and other methods of technical and vocational training programs as recommended by the council.
• Coordinate and maintain the standard of training by providing curriculum and learning materials.
• Carry out research activities in the field of TEVT including training needs assessments/ job market analysis and follow up studies.
• Conduct technical instructors and management training programs to improve quality of CEVT programs of institutions.
• Classify the skills/occupations, develop skill standards, administer skill tests and provide certificates.
• Liaison and maintain coordination with national and international TEVT agencies for quality education and training.
• Explore, obtain and mobilize national and international assistance needed for the development of TEVT sector
• Establish institutional linkage with national and international agencies/universities for recognition of the TEVT programs
• Enter into agreements or contract with national and international organizations and agencies regarding TEVT Programs.
This UNEVOC Centre has not yet submitted respective information