Domaines thématiques: Inclusion et jeunes | Les ODD et l'écologisation de l'EFTP | Innovation et avenir de l'EFTP | Engagement du secteur privé
Nos programmes et projets clés: Réponse COVID-19 | YEM: L'emploi des jeunes en Méditerranée | BILT: Connecter innovation et apprentissage | Programme pour le leadership en EFTP | Journée mondiale des compétences des jeunes
Activités passées: i-hubs: Former des pôles d'innovation | Forums mondiaux de l'EFTP
Nos services et ressources: Publications | Forum TVET | Conférences virtuelles | Profils nationaux d'EFTP | Glossaire TVETipedia | Pratiques prometteuses |
Journal et événements: Grandes Manifestations EFTP | Journal UNEVOC
UNEVOC Centre (National Body) since 2015
The Namibia Training Authority’s mandate is set out in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Act, Act 1 of 2008, which grants the Board of Directors overall responsibilities for the management and control of the affairs of the NTA.
As the regulating body of the VET sector in Namibia, the NTA is entrusted with the effective regulation of the provision of VET in Namibia. The NTA contributes to the establishment of an effective and sustainable system of skills formation aligned with the needs of the labour market and which provides the skills required for accelerated development. In this system, competencies are developed that are needed for productive work and increased standards of living.
Moreover, the NTA promotes access, equity and quality in VET.
It is the mission of the NTA to deliver quality VET by sustainably facilitating:
• Organisational Effectiveness;
• Training and Related Services Provision and;
• The Administration of the Vocational Education Training (VET) Levy.
• Stakeholder Engagement and Communication.
It is the vision of the Namibia Training Authority to establish itself as our country’s national port of call for vocational skills.
• Achieving an effective and sustainable system of skills formation aligned with the labour market and which provides the skills needed for accelerated development, productive work and increased standards of living;
• Establishing a stable organisation and an efficient and effective management system that clarifies roles in and responsibilities for VET and is accountable to parliament through the Minister of Education; and
• Establishing and maintaining a sustainable partnership between the Namibian government, the private sector and civil society to resource the provision of VET.
The NTA has a multi-faceted mandate, under which it regulates the VET sector in Namibia, funds the provision of VET services and renders training services though the seven formerly state-owned Vocational Training Centres (VTCs) placed under its supervision.
Its daily operations involve coordinating, providing and maintaining a wide range of Vocational Education and Training and related support services, including:
• Qualification and standards development;
• Quality assurance of training institutions;
• Assessment and certification services, including Recognition of Prior Learning;
• Industry and stakeholder engagement;
• The administration of a national training levy; and
VET advocacy and awareness.
|Sharing knowledge about TVET||Primary focus|
|Developing knowledge||Primary focus|
|Developing and building capacities||Primary focus|
|Policy makers||Primary focus|
|Private sector||Primary focus|
|Greening of TVET institutions and skills||Interested to lead|
|Migration||Interested to contribute|
|OER and Online Learning||Interested to lead|
|Equity of access in TVET||Interested to lead|
|Gender equality in TVET||Interested to lead|
|Fostering entrepreneurship||Interested to lead|
|Industry 4.0 / Smart production||Interested to lead|
|Capacity development projects||Highly interested|
|Policy oriented projects||Highly interested|
|Knowledge development||Highly interested|
|Workshops and conferences||Highly interested|
|Within my cluster||Highly interested|
|With Africa||Highly interested|
|With the Arab States||Moderately interested|
|With Asia and the Pacific||Highly interested|
|With Europe, CIS and North America||Highly interested|
|With Latin America and the Caribbean||Highly interested|