Domaines thématiques: Inclusion et jeunes | Les ODD et l'écologisation de l'EFTP | Innovation et avenir de l'EFTP | Engagement du secteur privé
Nos programmes et projets clés: Réponse COVID-19 | YEM: L'emploi des jeunes en Méditerranée | BILT: Connecter innovation et apprentissage | Programme pour le leadership en EFTP | Journée mondiale des compétences des jeunes
Activités passées: i-hubs: Former des pôles d'innovation | Forums mondiaux de l'EFTP
Nos services et ressources: Publications | Forum TVET | Conférences virtuelles | Profils nationaux d'EFTP | Glossaire TVETipedia | Pratiques prometteuses
Journal et événements: Grandes Manifestations EFTP | Journal UNEVOC
UNEVOC Centre (Training provider) since 2003
The National Institute of Education (NIE) is a government organisation operating under the Ministry of Education and is funded by the government. The Department of Continuing Education within NIE focuses on training and educational activities in the community and basic education fields. These include offering short-term classes and workshops as well as long-term programmes geared towards educating people and raising general awareness on various issues. Furthermore, short skill development trainings are conducted to cater for the unskilled youth. Several of the training/educational activities are carried out through third parties and are monitored by NIE. Such activities are partially or fully-funded by NIE.
NIE's mission is to Facilitate life-long learning through collaborative research and innovation.
NIE's goal is to cater to the unskilled and vulnerable groups through short-term trainings on income generating activities.
1. To plan and assist in conducting courses that will promote the workmanship and other skills that can help the community to increase its productivity through earning extra income. In the same vein, to plan and conduct activities that will increase public awareness and contribute to minimize crime.
2. To provide assistance to island communities who wish to conduct various programmes on handicraft and monitor such programmes along with other courses that are conducted to enhance the community.
3. To revive fading traditional skills within the community and promote such skills through various programs .
4. To plan and conduct activities to literate the adult population of the country and conduct functional literacy programmes for the common people.
5. To maintain records and data related to the illiterate people and research on the changes that occur to the literacy rate.
|Sharing knowledge about TVET||Secondary focus|
|Developing knowledge||Primary focus|
|Developing and building capacities||Primary focus|
|Teachers||Not our target group|
|Researchers||Not our target group|
|Policy makers||Not our target group|
|Private sector||Primary focus|
|Greening of TVET institutions and skills||Interested to learn|
|Migration||Interested to contribute|
|OER and Online Learning||Interested to learn|
|Equity of access in TVET||Interested to lead|
|Gender equality in TVET||Interested to lead|
|Fostering entrepreneurship||Interested to learn|
|Industry 4.0 / Smart production||Interested to learn|
|Capacity development projects||Highly interested|
|Policy oriented projects||Moderately interested|
|Knowledge development||Highly interested|
|Workshops and conferences||Highly interested|
|Within my cluster||Highly interested|
|With Africa||Moderately interested|
|With the Arab States||Moderately interested|
|With Asia and the Pacific||Highly interested|
|With Europe, CIS and North America||Moderately interested|
|With Latin America and the Caribbean||Moderately interested|
no news available