Thematic Areas: Inclusion and Youth | SDGs and Greening TVET | Innovation and Future of TVET | Private Sector Engagement
Our Key Programmes & Projects: COVID-19 response | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNESCO-UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: i-hubs project | TVET Global Forums
Our Services & Resources: Publications | TVET Forum | Virtual Conferences | TVET Country Profiles | TVETipedia Glossary | Promising & Innovative Practices
Events: Major TVET Events | UNEVOC Network News
Are you an amateur or professional photographer with an interest in youth skills? Don’t miss your chance to enter the UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition!
Am I eligible to participate?
You are eligible to participate as long as:
Photos should highlight the innovative aspects of technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
We want you to capture interesting moments showcasing how TVET is equipping young people with skills for the future. This year's theme is The future of youth skills and submissions should focus on one or all of the following:
* TVET for a sustainable future – photos highlighting how skilled young people are applying their knowledge and training to contribute to a greener and more sustainable future.
* Preparing for a digitalized world – photos highlighting how the digitalization of TVET is helping to build skills and competencies for the changing future of work.
* Skills for inclusive growth – photos highlighting the importance of ensuring equal access to innovative, future-oriented TVET, regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality or disability.
All photos must be submitted using the submission form on or before 16 August 2021 to: unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org.
The winners of the Skills in Action Photo Competition will receive the following prizes:
1st prize - 750 USD
2nd prize - 500 USD
3rd prize - 350 USD
Winning photographers and finalists will receive a certificate, and their entries will be featured on the UNESCO-UNEVOC website and across various social media platforms. All submissions received will be considered for inclusion in future UNESCO-UNEVOC media campaigns, publications and promotional material.
Reminder: Please read through the submission process before sending in your photos!
After taking your photo/s:
1. Add a title and write a short description for every photo.
2. Rename the photo/s in this format: Lastname-Firstname_title.jpeg (example: Oyelowo-Eyitayo_Female-aircraft-engineers.jpeg/.tiff)
3. Make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions. (Also found in the submission form)
4. Download and complete the Skills in Action Photo Competition submission form and rename the form in this format: Lastname-Firstname_SAPC20_SF.docx (Note that the insert picture/thumbnail function may not work for MSWord97-2003 versions)
5. Send the completed form (with thumbnails of the pictures) along with the original photo files to unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org with the following email subject heading Last name_SAPhotoCompetition2020. Note that the attachment size may have a limit. In case of multiple entries that cannot be sent via email, you can use any cloud storage servers you prefer and provide us with the direct link (no sign-up required) to download. WeTransfer is an example of an online filesharing service
1. Upon submission, UNESCO-UNEVOC will filter entries in compliance with the basic terms and conditions. You will not receive an acknowledgement of submission, but all entries will be processed.
2. The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
The Photo Library will be regarded as an Open Access Repository, which may be accessed by anyone under Creative Commons 3.0 IGO License.