Thematic Areas: Youth Employment | Greening TVET | Access, Equity & Quality | TVET in a Digital World | Other Themes
Our Key Programmes & Projects: i-hubs: Skills for Innovation Hubs | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: TVET Global Forums
Our Services & Resources: Publications | TVET Forum | Virtual Conferences | TVET Country Profiles | TVETipedia Glossary | Promising & Innovative Practices
Events: Major TVET Events | UNEVOC Network News
|Author/s:||Matthews Lebogang Phiri, Joy Kasandi Kelemba, John Simiyu, Modesto Sylvester Gomani, Roland Dubois and Koontee Balgobin, Gabriel S. Konayuma|
|Publisher/s:||UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training|
|Published:||2010 in Bonn, Germany|
The studies were commissioned in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius and Zambia. Carried out by writers connected with the UNEVOC Network as part of capacity building and of contributing to knowledge building and sharing, the authors have primarily described and analysed experiences and practices relating to integrating ESD in TVET programmes. Also, they have identified gaps for additional action so that the integration can be satisfactorily done.
The case studies are:
- A survey of experiences and practices in current use for integrating education for sustainable development in TVET in Botswana, by Matthews Phiri;
- Case study for Integrating Education for Sustainable Development in Model Youth Polytechnics in Kenya, by Joy Kasandi Kelemba;
- A study of a current model for integrating education for sustainable development in centres of excellence in TVET in Kenya, by John Simiyu;
- A case study of initiatives in the current use for integrating education for sustainable development in TVET in Malawi, by Modesto Sylvester Gomani;
- A case study of practices for integrating education for sustainable development in TVET for the tourism industry in Mauritius, by Roland Dubois and Koontee Balgobin; and
- A case study of practices for integrating education for sustainable development in TVET: the case of Mobile Mission Maintenance Vocational Training Centre, Ndola, Zambia, by Gabriel S. Konayuma.