What is a Guided Self-Assessment?
The Guided Self-Assessment (GSA) is a structured exercise through which a TVET institution consults its internal stakeholders to assess its preparedness for innovation. The GSA includes opportunities for peer review, steps to identify and consolidate institutional strengths, as well as to address opportunities for further development.
The Guided Self-Assessment process is to be adapted to the context of the each i-hub. Indicatively, it covers six steps spread over five days and is expected to include:
- Introductory Meeting with the senior management, i-hub coordinator and team as well as the i-hub peer reviewer;
- High level Seminar with the i-hub's internal and external stakeholders;
- Internal Stakeholders Consultations with representatives from the i-hub Senior Management, Teaching Staff, Administrative Staff and Students;
- Identification of Innovative Practice, on a basis the strengths and positive outcomes identified during the Internal Stakeholders Consultations;
- Designing the I-hub Innovation Action Plan, using as a basis the opportunities of improvement identified during the Internal Stakeholder Consultations, as well as i-hub priorities, and available human and financial resources;
- Consolidated Results Presentation is the session when aggregated results of the Guided Self-Assessment are presented to and discussed with the i-hub senior management. In this phase, the Peer Reviewer shares his/her experience and the learning and sharing opportunities identified during the exercise;
download read more
Guided Self-Assessment Indicative Programme
This document provides an overview of an exemplary 5-day Guided Self-Assessment Programme as held in 2019.
The UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills for Innovation Hubs is part of the initiative 'Developing TVET
institutions for entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainability' implemented by UNESCO
since 2017, and is supported by the Beijing Caofeidian International Vocational Education City (BCEC),
with contributions from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)
and the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Stay in touch
I-HUBS VIRTUAL PLATFORM
UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre
UN Campus, Platz der Vereinten Nationen 1
53173 Bonn, Germany