Information on TVET in Haiti
Haiti is often referred to as being the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, with 80% of the population living under the poverty line and 54% in abject poverty.
There is not much recent information on Education in Haiti. Some basic statistical data:
Illiteracy in the population aged 15 years and over (2005): 45%
Net enrolment rate in first-level education (2002): 99%
Schooling rate in second-level education 1998-2002, Men: 21%
Schooling rate in second-level education 1998-2002, Women: 20%
- La Formation Professionnelle et Technique en HAITI Information on TVET in Haiti provided by ILO-CINTERFOR, including highly informative presentation on TVET system in Haiti, (2004), in French
- Canada Launches Major Vocational Training Initiative for Haiti, March 2009, see also AiDA project information (Project Duration 2008-2015, 12,368,641 USD)
- ResCare Workforce development program "KATA"
- Haiti Vocational Training Centre (CANADO, Centre de Formation Professionnelle d' Haïti)
- National Institute of Vocational Training (INFP), (Institut National de Formation Professionnelle, Rte Nationale # 1, Varreux, Port-au-Prince, HAITI, Tel: (509) 250-3981)