Thematic Areas: Youth Employment | Greening TVET | Access, Equity & Quality | TVET in a Digital World | Further Themes
Our Key Programmes & Projects: i-hubs: Forming hubs for TVET Innovation | YEM: Youth Employment in the Mediterranean | BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | UNEVOC TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: TVET Global Forums
UNEVOC Centre (Training provider) since 2019
Maldives Polytechnic was created by a Presidential Decree under Article 116 of the constitution of the Maldives on April 12, 2010 as the national government institution to develop, manage and provide training facilities for technical and vocational education and training. The institution has evolved over the years since founded in 1975. The following historical facts outline the journey of Maldives Polytechnic,
The leading national centre for excellence in vocational and technical education.
Mission: To create opportunities for school leavers and adult learners to acquire skills, knowledge and values for employability and lifelong learning in a global economy
1. Provide demand driven skills training programs relevant to the industry requirement, and seek industry assistance and collaboration in conducting such training programs
2. Organize and conduct mobile skills training program
3. Offer employability skills and knowledge to job seekers.
4. Facilitate and support employers for the upgrading of their technical and vocational skills
5. Develop technical and vocational training programs to create pathways for higher education and training.
6. Support continuing education for skilled workers through Open Learning and ELearning
7. Provide career guidance and assistance in job placement with support from industry
8. Identify the special trade skills practiced in different localities of the country (e.g. boat building, blacksmithing, lacquer work, weaving and embroidery) and implement programs to promote these trade skills in various parts of the country.
9. Encourage invention and promote innovation in technical and vocational area and disseminate such invention and innovation to the public.
10. Undertake research on technical and vocational education and publish such research
Maldives Polytechnic offers programs, and courses, workshops and seminars that are demand driven and needs based made available through
This UNEVOC Centre has not yet submitted respective information
no news available