Thematic Areas: Inclusion and Youth | Digital Transformation | Private Sector Engagement | SDGs and Greening TVET
Our Key Programmes & Projects: BILT: Bridging Innovation and Learning in TVET | Building TVET resilience | TVET Leadership Programme | WYSD: World Youth Skills Day
Past Activities: COVID-19 response | i-hubs project | TVET Global Forums | Virtual Conferences | YEM Knowledge Portal
Our Services & Resources: Publications | TVET Forum | TVET Country Profiles | TVETipedia Glossary | Innovative and Promising Practices | Toolkits for TVET Providers | Entrepreneurial Learning Guide
Events: Major TVET Events | UNEVOC Network News
Are you an amateur or professional photographer with an interest in youth skills? Don’t miss your chance to enter the UNESCO-UNEVOC Skills in Action Photo Competition!
Am I eligible to participate?
You are eligible to participate as long as:
Photos should show the innovative aspects of technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
We want you to capture interesting moments showcasing how TVET is equipping young people between the ages of 15-29 with skills for the future. This year's theme is Skilling youth for the future and submissions should focus on one or all of the following:
* TVET for a sustainable future – photos highlighting green jobs and skills
* Skills for a digitalized world – photos highlighting the digitalization of training and work
* Inclusive TVET – photos highlighting the importance of ensuring equal access to quality TVET, regardless of gender, ethnicity, nationality or disability.
The submission deadline is 31 August 2023.
The winners of the Skills in Action Photo Competition 2023 will receive the following prizes:
1st prize - 750 USD
2nd prize - 500 USD
3rd prize - 350 USD
Winning photographers and finalists will receive a certificate, and their entries will be featured on UNESCO's website and across various social media channels. All submissions received will become the property of UNESCO and will be eligible for use in future UNESCO media campaigns, publications and promotional material.
After taking your photo(s):
1. Add a title and write a short description for every photo.
2. Rename the photo(s) in this format: Lastname_Firstname_title.jpeg (for example: Smith_John_Digital-Futures.jpeg/.tiff)
3. Download and complete the submission form and rename the form in this format: Lastname_Firstname_SAPC23.docx
4. Make sure you agree with the Terms and Conditions listed in the submission form.
5. Send the completed form and the original photo files to unevoc.skills(at)unesco.org, with the following email subject heading: Lastname_Firstname_SAPC23. Note that the attachment size may have a limit. In case of multiple entries that cannot be sent via email, you can use any cloud storage servers you prefer and provide us with the direct link (no sign-up or password required) to download. WeTransfer is an example of an online file sharing service.
Upon submission, UNESCO-UNEVOC will filter entries in compliance with the basic terms and conditions. You will not receive an acknowledgement of submission, but all entries will be processed.
The selection process will be based on the following criteria:
UNESCO employees and their immediate family members may contribute photos to the competition but they are not eligible to win.