Moderator-driven TVeT Forum conferences
Our moderator-driven discussions seek to promote focused discussions on crucial themes in TVET development and aim to gather valuable input from the TVeT Forum community.
Most recent conference
Virtual conference on ‘Entrepreneurial Learning in TVET: what it is and how to mainstream it'
Moderated by Elin McCallum
Please sign up here to join the virtual conference
There is a skills mismatch between the skills developed through global education systems and the evolving needs of society and the economy. This skills gap is damaging the aspiration and potential of young people to become active members of society and contributors to the economy. As the world changes, so education must evolve to deliver skills needs needed for these new opportunities and demands. Through entrepreneurial learning, young people can develop the vision and creativity to find solutions to the challenges they and the world face, using initiative to put ideas into entrepreneurial action. Entrepreneurial learning is the learning experience to develop the competences that contribute to this entrepreneurial mind-set and skills, supporting learners to be entrepreneurial in all walks of life.
TVET is a pivotal forum for the development of entrepreneurial learning, where student-centered experiential learning can be a powerful setting for building entrepreneurial capacity.
In 2016, UNESCO-UNEVOC held a virtual conference on ‘Making youth entrepreneurship a viable path’, which explored the challenges that young entrepreneurs face, and how TVET can best prepare students for those challenges.
Building on the discussions of that virtual conference, the upcoming conferece will push further and explore how we can mainstream entrepreneurial learning across TVET systems and programmes. The conference offers the opportunity for TVET leaders and practitioners to engage with and debate the key issues.
The intended outcomes of the conference are for participants to:
Structure and sequencing
- Build insights into how entrepreneurial learning has relevance and importance to TVET
- Understand the elements of the ecosystem supporting entrepreneurial learning in TVET
- Explore the role of policy, curriculum, teachers, learning activities beyond formal curriculum, and support for career paths/start up in mainstreaming entrepreneurial learning in TVET
- Discover practical ideas to empower TVET learners with entrepreneurial mindset and skills
- Contribute to forward thinking on how UNESCO-UNEVOC can develop their work to drive forward entrepreneurial learning in TVET systems and institutions
The virtual conference is founded on seven topics. These topics will be ‘opened’ for discussion on the following days:
- Monday, 26 November - Topic 1: Introducing entrepreneurial learning – the why and what for TVET
- Tuesday, 27 November - Topic 2: Policy or strategy supporting entrepreneurial learning in TVET
- Thursday 29 November - Topic 3: Entrepreneurial learning in TVET curriculum
- Monday, 3 December - Topic 4: Supporting teachers to embed entrepreneurial learning into TVET
- Wednesday, 5 December - Topic 5: Entrepreneurial learning beyond formal TVET curriculum
- Thursday, 6 December - Topic 6: Support for career paths/start up
- Friday, 7 December - Topic 7: Drawing conclusions for the ecosystem supporting entrepreneurial learning to be put into practice across TVET
Join the virtual conference
Please sign up here to join the virtual conference
You will need to have a UNEVOC account to sign up. You can register for a UNEVOC account here.
The virtual conference will be in English. However, participants speaking participants can use the built-in translation feature to follow discussions and to contribute in their languages.
Overview Virtual Conferences
11 July 2018World Youth Skills Day 2018 - Improving the image of TVET
UNESCO-UNEVOC follows the United Nations’ stride in celebrating the World Youth Skills Day every year on 15th July, and reaffirms its commitment to enhance the prospects of the youth to access quality skills development opportunities through TVET, globally. UNESCO-UNEVOC's theme for this year’s celebration is ‘Improving the image of TVET’. (more
1 November 2017Virtual conference on Open Educational Resources in TVET
The virtual conference on OER in TVET, moderated by UNESCO OER Chair Robert Schuwer and Ben Janssen ended on 20 November with a live webinar in which the moderators summarized their findings and discussed with participants: View recording at https://youtu.be/fbkd-Fr61PM (more
22 December 2016Virtual conference on sources of financing in TVET
The virtual conference on diversifying sources of funding for TVET took place from 16 to 22 January 2017 on the UNESCO-UNEVOC TVeT Forum, and was participated by 222 participants from 81 countries. (more
Before the previous series of virtual conferences, a conference was held in 2007 on Greening TVET.
Two pathways, one destination - TVET for a sustainable future (22 Oct-10 Nov 2007)
Virtual conference on TVET for sustainable development | Final report (pdf)